Massage has a long history of helping people relieve stress, and few things are as stressful as the prospect of giving birth.
That’s why a maternity massage can be so useful for expectant mothers. If you’re curious about getting a maternity massage in Philadelphia, read on to find out some of the benefits.
A maternity massage:
- Prenatal massage alleviates stress on your joints and muscles.
- Relieves many of the common discomforts associated with pregnancy, including back pain, leg cramps, stiffness, headaches, heartburn, fatigue, hip joint pain, constipation, congestion and shortness of breath.
- Increases circulation, providing oxygen and nutrients to both you and your baby.
- Stabilizes hormone levels and reduces depression and anxiety
- Releases endorphins into the body, helping you sleep.
- Helps you maintain good posture, increases muscle tone and flexibility, allowing you to carry more weight as the baby develops.
- Keeps your blood pressure in check.
- Increases blood flow to the placenta.
- Offers, a natural, drug-free alternative to chemical pain relievers at a time when the use of medications may be limited.
- Gives you the emotional support provided by human touch and energy.
Expectant mothers looking for a maternity massage in Philadelphia should look no further than Body Restoration. Our massage therapists pay special attention to your legs and lower back to promote circulation and ease discomfort.
We use the bodyCushion, a specially designed pregnancy pillow that allows expectant mothers to rest comfortably and safely on their stomach into the later stages of their pregnancies.
Contact us today to schedule a maternity massage at our Center City Philadelphia spa.