If the eyes are a window to the soul, then the skin is a mirror, reflecting your overall health and vitality for the entire world to see.
The skin is the largest organ in the body and works valiantly every day to protect us. Skin is a waterproof, insulating shield, guarding the body against extremes of temperature, damaging sunlight, and harmful chemicals. Skin also releases antibacterial substances that prevent infection as well as manufactures vitamin D that converts calcium into healthy bones.
Shouldn’t a superstar like this be treated to the very best care possible?
A professionally performed health spa facial is one of the best ways to take good care of your skin.
1. A spa facial cleans, exfoliates dead skin cells and nourishes the skin, promoting a clear, well-hydrated complexion, and can help your skin look younger.
2. A spa facial helps to regulate sebum production (an oily substance secreted that makes the skin and hair waterproof and to protect them from drying out)
3. A spa facial increases blood flow in the face. The University of Minnesota notes that massage improves blood and lymph circulation, which can enhance the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to cells. This makes the cells healthier and more efficient.
4. Winter weather can really wreak havoc on your skin. For dry skin or dehydrated skin it is more important to be diligent with a regular facial schedule during the winter months than summer. In the summer it is more important for people with oily skin to get facials to keep sebum production is check.
5. A spa facial helps control blackheads. Blackheads are the result of hair follicles being blocked by skin cells and sebum. When an open pore becomes blocked with dead skin cells and sebum, this material is exposed to air and begins to oxidize. This causes the material to discolor and turn black, resulting in blackheads. (Whiteheads, on the other hand, are covered by a tiny amount of skin that prevents this oxidation, so they remain white in color).
Body Restoration Spa provides the Restoration Spa Facial, tailored to your unique skin care needs. Experience the unique cleansing system developed to gently and effectively cleanse while leaving your skin hydrated and balanced. The regenerative difference that natural botanicals can make will leave you with radiant, luminous skin.
We can suggest product recommendations for home care that will continue to deliver results-oriented skin treatments. Home maintenance is essential to prolong the results of your facial between spa visits.
To schedule an appointment, contact us online, or call at 215-569-9599.